This was our 18th ANNUAL Golf Tournament for our Auto Group, and very excitingly, the FIRST year we had a team from Steet Toyota of Johnstown!! Thank you to Crystal Springs in Vernon, NY for hosting us and closing down the club so we could be socially distant from everyone!! A beautiful family owned golf course for our family owned businesses :)
As a family owned and operated business, nothing means more to us than family. We constantly strive to provide top notch customer service, especially during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, we along with many other businesses have learned to adapt to new ways of life during this time. We provide a SEAMLESS and EASY sales process, completely online!!
ALL of our new and preowned VW inventory is listed online with photos. We have VW Certified vehicles as well. Browse our extensive inventory right from the comfort of your own home. Start a chat with a VW specialist on our website, or message us on our Facebook page for more information! We are always here to help and answer any questions you may have in regards to specifications of the VW you are looking at, price, and finance options.
Along with browsing our new and preowned VW inventory, you can fill out a Credit Application online that will go directly to Steet Ponte VW’s Finance Manager. From there, you can contact him directly to find out our variety of VW warranty options, including the People’s First Warranty and many VW Protection Plans.
Value your trade online, it’s so easy! Our General Manager at Steet Ponte VW will work with you to value your trade in, just fill out the form here, or contact Edward Jandreau directly to send photos and or videos of your trade in.
Once you have settled on all of the above options with our hard working team at Steet Ponte VW, all you have to do is schedule your delivery! We are open Monday-Thursday from 9am-7pm, Friday from 9am-6pm, and Saturday from 9am-5pm. We will have your new VW or preowned VW ready and waiting for you at the front of our store. All you’ll have to do is sign your papers in the comfort of our sanitized store. During this time, all entrants into our building are required to wear masks. We check employees’ temperatures daily, and have a professional cleaning company that cleans the store daily. We have hand sanitizer and sanitizing solution everywhere throughout the store, and are constantly wiping down high traffic areas like desks, computers, and waiting lounge. After that, you can just take the keys to your new (or new to you) Steet Ponte VW!!
We will be CLOSED on Friday, July 2nd and Saturday, July 4th for the long weekend! We will be OPEN for regular business hours on Thursday, July 2nd and Monday, July 6th. Enjoy your long weekend, everyone!!
You may have heard the great news, our showroom is now OPEN, no appointments necessary!! We are continuing to take the extra steps necessary to maintain a healthy and sanitary workplace while still meeting our customers’ needs.
We continue to monitor information from state health authorities, the CDC, and NYSADA for their guidance and recommendations on how we can help to prevent the spread of this virus.
OUR STEPS INCLUDE:
- All employees have face masks. MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES BY ALL PARTIES ENTERING THE DEALERSHIP, INCLUDING OUR STAFF.
- Thorough cleanings of all dealership facilities daily by a professional cleaning company.
- Sanitizing gel and foam stations available on-site.
- Providing our staff with specific instructions on hand washing and the importance of staying home if they are not feeling well.
- Adhering to the recommended six feet of social distance from other staff and customers.
- Plexiglass shield on all desks for staff and customers’ protection.
- You are able to pay over the phone with a credit card for your service bill, and virtual vehicle sales are of course still offered.
Together, we can maintain a healthy environment and combat the spread of COVID-19. On behalf of our dealership, thank you for being a loyal customer.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: ANYONE WHO ENTERS OUR STORES MUST BE WEARING A MASK AT ANY TIME! Our employees all have masks, so it is IMPERATIVE that ANYONE who enters the store wear one as well to help stop the spread of COVID-19! We appreciate your cooperation.
First and foremost, we want you to know that we value the health and safety of our customers and staff. As a business, Steet Ponte Volkswagen is taking the extra steps necessary to maintain a healthy and sanitary workplace while still meeting our customers’ needs.
We continue to monitor information from state health authorities and the CDC for their guidance and recommendations on how we can help to prevent the spread of this virus.
OUR STEPS INCLUDE:
- Thorough cleanings of all dealership facilities daily
- Sanitizing gel and foam stations available on-site
- Providing our staff with specific instructions on hand washing and the importance of staying home if they are not feeling well
- Adhering to the recommended six feet of social distance from other staff and customers
- Sales & Finance are PARTIALLY open. Please read below for more information.
- Service and Parts remain OPEN from 8am-5pm.
- We will continue with vehicle pickup and delivery for our service customers.
- We also offer our Early Bird Drop Box located outside of the Service Department.You can fill out paperwork outside and drop your keys off there without having to step foot inside the store.
- You are also able to pay over the phone with a credit card.
SALES & FINANCE GUIDELINES:
- Showrooms are still considered CLOSED.
- NO test drives are allowed. We can and will gladly send you photos and videos of a vehicle you’re looking at. Insurance will all be handled over the phone.
- Deliveries are the only thing that can be done in the store, which will completed in each conference room (or a designated office in the store) that will be cleaned before and after each delivery.
- To keep you and your families, and our staff and their families safe, only ONE person is allowed inside for their delivery, and deliveries are by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Customers must enter through the Service entrance as that is the only legal department we are able to keep open, and they will be directed to the delivery area, where they will be 6 feet away from the delivering Manager.
- Lysol wipes will be on hand in the delivery room. We encourage EVERYONE to WASH THEIR HANDS frequently!
Together, we can maintain a healthy environment and combat the spread of COVID-19.
On behalf of our dealership, thank you for being a loyal customer. Please don’t hesitate to reach out as we remain dedicated to serving you for all of your automotive needs through this challenging time.
We know this is a strange and stressful time. We wanted to share a few things we’ve come across to hopefully help.
The news throws a lot of stats and numbers out there. But what helps most is trying to control your thoughts since we can’t control the pandemic. And seriously limiting your media intake. Instead of thinking “I’m stuck at home” or “I’m going to get sick” try these…
Focus on things you can control:
- Stick to a daily routine
- Call your loved ones or friends to catch up or FaceTime
- Do something fun with your kids whether it’s watching a funny movie or coloring
Focus on things you can do to keep yourself safe and healthy:
- Keep the house clean
- Take vitamin C
- Wash your hands often
- Get some exercise
- And remember that there are still a lot of good people out there helping control this pandemic.
A lot of local businesses are offering FREE online workouts too! All you have to do is follow them on Facebook and or Instagram:
- In Bloom Yoga goes live multiple times a day on Instagram and Facebook with yoga classes
- O.B. Training & Sports Performance goes live on Facebook daily with workouts you can do at home.
- Retro Fitness of Yorkville also goes lives on Facebook with workouts, AND also does KIDS PE classes!!
If you’re not on social media, you can do at home workouts, yoga or meditation on YouTube. Personally, getting ourselves moving is a huge stress reliever.
I hope some of this can be of some help. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
The first Tuesday of every month we introduce a different face of #SteetPonteVW to help you get to know us better! This month, we’re introducing Todd Crandall. Todd is the Finance and Used Car Manager at Steet Ponte VW who started working with us in early 2020! He comes to us with many years of experience in the Auto industry, and is enjoying his new role here at Steet Ponte VW. Todd lives locally in #HerkimerNY and in his spare time he enjoys playing softball, and watching the Dallas Cowboys! His favorite VW is the #VWTiguan, which he drives himself! #VDubClub #FamilyBusiness #LocallyOwned
You may have seen it in our showroom, but we recently received an ICONIC, beautiful, 1960 VW Beetle in on trade and we are loving having it in our presence here at Steet Ponte VW! Did you have, or currently have a VW Beetle? We’d love to see a photo of you with yours!
A few fun facts about the VW Beetle from this year:
-Pushbutton door handles were a big change for this model
-The 1960 VW Beetle cost $1,565, the convertible started out at $2,055!
-The Beetle alone had been responsible for VW’s success in the industry.
-The 1960 models received a front and anti roll bar along with hydraulic steering damper.
Well, what do you think? Do you love it as much as we do? Stop by sometime and check it out in person! Our favorite feature is that giant steering wheel. We’re open Monday-Saturday, so stop on down and get a picture with this beauty! 5046 Commercial Drive, Yorkville, NY 13495 (315) 736-8291 www.steetpontevolkswagen.net
The first Tuesday of every month, we introduce a different face of #SteetPonteVW to help you get to know us better! This month, we’re introducing none other than Joe Steet Sr! Joe has been in the auto industry his entire life, starting out reconditioning cars at his father and uncle’s business, United Auto Sales of Utica! Joe lives in New Hartford with his wife, where they raised their two children, Carly & Joe Jr., who both work in the family business as well! In his spare time, he likes to spend time at his camp in Indian Lake with his family, ski in the winter, ride his motorcycle in the warm weather, and spend time with his grandson, Brian :) #VW #LocallyOwned #FamilyBusiness