Steet Ponte Volkswagen is a locally owned, family operated business that takes pride in our community. We take part in many local events throughout the year to help better our community, improve family and children’s lives, educate local residents, and are just a great way to get together and have some fun!
Local Events We Participate in Throughout The Year:
- New Hartford Memorial Day Parade: we love participating in the parade every year. It’s a great way for all of us to get into the community, show off our cars, and end at the New Hartford Fire Department for refreshments and tours afterwards!
- Munson Williams Proctor Art Institute Antique & Classic Car Show: The MWPAI Car Show comes every year at the end of their annual summer Arts Festival. The Festival features the Sidewalk Art Show, a free exhibit that showcases local artists' work, and the Car Show is always exciting to see each year with different themes like Mustangs, Corvettes, and more!
- Fire Truck Spectacular: The New Hartford Fire Department sponsors the Fire Truck Spectacular every year at the New Hartford Shopping Center. All local Fire Departments are invited to come with their best trucks. It’s a great way for all local towns and cities to participate, get to know each other, and for local residents to learn about fire safety! Insurance Agents are always on hand to go over options, the smokehouse is always staffed to show children (and adults!) what to do in the event of a fire, and car seat safety checks are also provided.
- Children’s Miracle Network Telethon: each year, we volunteer our time to answer phones during the Children’s Miracle Network Telethon. CMN is part of our local Hospitals, and they provide assistance to women and children’s services. They are a huge part of our community, by helping premature babies stay local, provide medical assistance to mothers and children no matter what their financial status is, and even other services like speech and occupational therapies.
- Steet Ponte Auto Group Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive: each November, we put drop boxes in each of our showrooms to collect food donations for our Annual Food Drive. Each year, the food goes to a different non-profit organization the day before Thanksgiving. In years past, we have donated to The Rescue Mission and Feed Our Vets.
- The One Charity Golf Classic: UFCW District Union Local 1 has held their local Charity Golf Tournament for over 20 years for our community. Each year, we donate a vehicle to raffle off, and participate in the tournament to raise money for multiple different non-profit organizations in our area. The sum of the donations are given out to many local charitable causes in our area like Operation Sunshine, The Abraham House, Kids Oneida, Leukemia Society of America, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. Since their inception, thousands of dollars have been donated to local efforts helping our community members.
Internal EventsWhile Steet Ponte Volkswagen loves to participate in community events, we are also fans of spending time with one another to help foster relationships and communication throughout our other stores! Each year we hold internal events and contests to strengthen our bonds!
- Halloween Costume Contest: Each year, everyone at our stores are encouraged to dress up for Halloween to have some fun! We hold a costume contest via Facebook: whoever’s picture gets the most likes wins prizes! We give out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes for costumes, and each year they get better and better!
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest & Holiday Party: Each of our stores has a catered, holiday lunch party at the store. We close up shop for a bit, gather for a party and always enjoy catered food from our favorite local restaurants. At our parties, everyone is encouraged to wear their best Ugly Christmas Sweater (or costume.) Like our Halloween contest, pictures are posted on Facebook and the ones with the most likes wins!
- Steet Ponte Auto Group Golf Open: we hold our Annual Golf Tournament for employees and local vendors and businesses that we work with regularly at a local golf course each summer! It’s a great way to relax on a Sunday and enjoy the good weather. Prizes are given to the winning team, and we have so many raffles that everyone always leaves with some kind of prize!
- Steet Ponte Auto Group Paintball Extravaganza: This is a newer event that we rolled out in the Fall of 2016 and we had SUCH a blast that we’ve decided to hold one in the fall and one in the spring! We hold our tournament at Check Six Paintball in Rome, NY. Each store forms teams and competes against each other for a chance to house the trophy in their showroom! Lunch is provided by a local food truck, and bystanders are encouraged to come watch the show!
- Steet Ponte Auto Group Company Picnic: Our Company Picnic has grown from 50 attendees at Enchanted Forest Water Safari, to over 500 over the course of the years since acquiring multiple different stores. We provide tickets for our employees and their immediate family members, and also provide extra tickets at a discounted rate. We have our own pavilion to leave items in throughout the day, a fantastic lunch is catered by Water Safari, and what better way to spend a summer day in Upstate New York than at Water Safari?!